Friday, November 29, 2013

Intel WiFi Link 5100 won't connect to WPA2 network?

 

I bought a new wifi router which supports new network security protocols like WPA2/ Personal & etc..  unfortunately I was not able to connect my laptop through Intel Wifi Link 5100 WAN device which is built in with my laptop but there were no issues while I am connecting to my Android phone.

finally I made this to work with my laptop by the below things which I followed so I decided  to share with  you people I believe you are in right place to fix your issue.

  • Firmware update in your wireless router from the Manufacturer's website.
  • Broadcast SSID (change this to make it easier to connect)
  • Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(WPA Personal).
  • Password at least 13 characters long.( so that people wont hack your wifi easy)
  • Mixed b and g mode(n if available)(Use this mode only if using a print server and/or USB wireless adapters.
  • Use channels 1, 6 or 11 - for better to use your device
  • Setting up DHCP as you want.
  • Do NOT use Mac Address Filtering
  • Turn off the firewall in the wireless router.
  • Its safe to turn off WPS if its not really needed.
  • Disable 20/40Mhz Coexistence (for faster speed)   - Optional
  • Save and exit.
  • Power off  router and keep 30 seconds.
  • Power on router and wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

Enjoy helping others.

No comments :