Tuesday, August 13, 2013

How to Install VMware GemFire 7 in Windows


First of all I would like to appreciate people those who are reading my posts and giving feedbacks.
I decided to write this post as my friends(readers) requested me to write a post for installation of VMware GemFire 7 in Windows.
Here I am using my personal windows7 machine.
I assume that you have already installed JDK 1.6 or above in your machine.
Step 1.
I have downloaded the VMware GemFire 7 Evaluation from VMware site
Step 2.
Extracted the downloaded package to “C:\vmware\gemfire7 “
Step 3.
open command prompt  and execute the below commands one at a time as you are seeing in the below image.gfsh
1. set GEMFIRE=C:\vmware\gemfire7  (Note : path should be your extracted folder )
2. set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40  (Note : Java installed path)
3. set GF_JAVA=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe
4. set PATH=%PATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%GEMFIRE%\bin
5. set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;^
    %GEMFIRE%\lib\gemfire.jar;^
    %GEMFIRE%\lib\antlr.jar;^
    %GEMFIRE%\lib\gfSecurityImpl.jar;^
    %GEMFIRE%\lib\jackson-core-asl-1.9.9.jar;^
    %GEMFIRE%\lib\commons-logging.jar;^
    %GEMFIRE%\lib\tomcat-embed-core.jar;^
    %GEMFIRE%\lib\tomcat-embed-logging-juli.jar;^
    %GEMFIRE%\lib\tomcat-embed-jasper.jar;^
    %JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar

Note: You only need to add commons-logging.jar, tomcat-embed-core.jar, tomcat-embedlogging-juli.jar, and tomcat-embed-jasper.jar     files to your CLASSPATH
if you are planning on using the GemFire member as a GemFire Pulse application server.
 
You have successfully installed.

Now you can go to your <gemfire product folder> to run the gfsh commands to manage GemFire.

gfsh1
Enjoy.

No comments :